Thursday, December 13, 2012

A Confession


Without the daily posting challenge I kind of leave this thing hanging! Not to mention it's been crazy busy with the holidays approaching. Work, freelance, daily duties, overall tiredness, and getting things ready have really eaten up my time. DISLIKE!

I keep thinking "oh, I'll have more time once the holidays are over", but the reality is, there's always something. Something to prepare for, some even going on, some holiday, birthday, whatever. There's always something to take up my time.

I need to make my own free time!

However, that is not right now. My free time through Sunday is overrun with freelance, last minute shopping, packing, work, holiday party, and running.



My Confession:

Running has been a little iffy lately. I've been in a really lame funk the past 2.5 weeks. That was the last time I ran. Probably why I haven't updated because I'm rather discouraged and disappointed with myself. Even though I don't have followers, it still sucks to update this and say I'm failing!

But, I am. I need to be honest with myself.

I've been using the cold weather as an excuse...plus all of the busy-bee items I have on my to-do list. Essentially letting resistance take charge of my life.

Yesterday I vowed to change that. I really don't want to be a New Year Resolution person. I want to be a right here and now person. So, I'm kicking myself in the ass.

How?

I signed up for the Dallas Rock 'n' Roll Half Marathon.


It's March 24th! It's also nonrefundable. Technically I won't be ready if I stick with the current schedule. I'm on week 4 of 24. I need to be on week 10 of 24! I'm going to attempt week 10 and see how I do. It's a consistent run of 25 minutes. I'd step back to week 9 but that was a rest and recuperate week.

Today I purchased some cold weather tights and shirt. No more excuses, woman! All of those other things can take a side burner to running. Freelance is due tomorrow, but I have time and can get a run in today. I need to hit up a comic book shop for a present, but I have Saturday before the holiday party. I need to pack, but I have Saturday before the holiday party. I need to clean, but I have Saturday before the holiday party.

If I don't do this I will feel extremely humiliated WALKING the Half Marathon. Seriously. How embarrassing would that be? There's a 4 hour limit! I put down 3 hours, though I'm hoping it will only take 2.5 or less. To think about running THAT long is kind of crazy. What am I supposed to do while running that long? Insert audiobooks! So glad I have George R. R. Martin (with some less than appealing guy reading it) to fill my time and my ears.

I'm pretty excited. I know that exercise helps with my mood, my appetite, and my energy. I don't know what started this funk, but I'm forcibly stopping it right now. Screw you funk!

No comments:

Post a Comment