Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Woes of eating healthy

I just realized that I'm going to my boyfriend's sister's house for Thanksgiving. Oy... they do not eat healthy. Not that they are overweight (by much) or out of shape (well okay...), but they just don't eat what I consider healthy. They are Italian and her husband is Polish. They are all about the breads, pasta, grease, butter, etc etc... UGH. To top it off we're being joined by their Romanian friends.

We were trying to come up with some of the traditional foods they make that I could eat. A yam (they candy theirs, but I've requested just a baked one before), cranberry sauce, salad. That's literally it. HAH.

Pretty sure I'm going to bring some dips for veggies (hummus and something else) and a side dish that I can share. I thought about doing a dessert, but I don't want to have to do that also.

I will survive! This will be okay!


On another note, my lower back is still all sorts of aching. I dislike this :(  It means that I'm currently retaining water and weighing more than previous (thanks TOM)...plus not working out/stretching.

This foot injury can suck it. I so badly want to be running. It better be okay to do so by next week when I start the half marathon training!

And I can't wait to start the meditation stuff!

Also, NaNoWriMo starts tomorrow! Boyfriend and I have decided to attempt this feat of writing 50,000 words in one month. I tried once before, but was getting another degree and didn't have enough time to dedicate. I SHALL DO IT THIS YEAR! I hope.

More things to add to my list.

No comments:

Post a Comment