Thursday, November 1, 2012

Walk From Obesity

I never mentioned that I went to the 2012 Walk From Obesity on Saturday!

Two bloggers (eggface & meltingmama) that I followed a WHOLE lot after my Gastric Bypass (I also never mentioned this, but I'm sure I'll talk about it at a later point) were attending here in Dallas. If you visit their pages, you'll actually see a picture of all three of us! :)

My boyfriend joined me, which was nice. It was 40-something degrees out and the grass was wet from either their watering or it having rained and I didn't notice. Either way, since my foot still ached I wore flat slip on shoes, which failed on many accounts:

  • They got so muddy! -- I will have to wash them. 
  • My feet were freezing! -- Because I didn't wear socks.
  • I couldn't run! -- Okay, so I couldn't run anyway, but doing a 5K walk REALLY makes me want to run. There were several individuals that did! Kudos to them!
  • The side kept folding in! -- Because they were getting wet, the side kept folding under my foot...so obnoxious
 I wound up not going the full 5K because of all those reasons up there. :(  Made me rather sad. I have another walk on the 10th for ALS and I hope that I can make it the whole way! My foot needs to heal!



On to today...

Meditation, stretching, warm water and lemon, lots of water...that was my morning. I got 8 hours of sleep, which is awesome.

I've had coffee. It has me really wired. It also will hurt me later. I think my toe is still hurting because of inflammation. I need to get this down!

I went and bought the raw kale salad at Whole Foods today. I've really enjoyed it in the past, but not today. Mine tastes so much better. I like that my taste buds change to enjoy more fresh and whole foods.

On the way back from lunch I climbed the 10 flights of stairs. I thought, since I've not been able to workout (woe is my foot! such a lame excuse), that I'd wind up dying, but I did well! I was huffing, but not as bad as I thought I would. I love stairs!

NaNoWriMo and NaHeBloPoMo started today. In order to get to the 50,000 words for NaNoWriMo this month I'm supposed to write 1,6667 each day. I did 1,817. YEAH! Now if I can only keep it up!

No comments:

Post a Comment