Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Abundantly thankful

Day 6 NaHeBloPoMo:

Write a #ListOf3 Things that you're thankful for / excited about / or inspired by...

I realize this is Day 5's, but I didn't have anything to talk about for either options on Day 6 and I wanted to do both Day 5!

I am thankful for my health. All things considered, I'm very glad that I can still walk, run, throw a ball, and most importantly breathe—all without real hindrances. Even as I continue to improve aches and pains, my skin, my energy, and other smaller aspects, I am still happy with my health.

I am thankful for choices. I have the choice to eat and do what I want. If I choose to eat poorly, that is my choice and I cannot blame anyone else for my health.

I am inspired by the Earth. It probably seems rather silly to say, but the beauty, strength, and love that the world has, is such an inspiration. I aspire to be beautiful inside and out; to learn and nurture; to leave a piece of wisdom for the future; to love unconditionally; and to live without fear.


-------------------------

Day 6 NaNoWriMo:

Needless to say, this has fallen by the wayside! I hope to try to play catchup, but cripes... I fear that I will only continue to not reach the daily goal and eventually give up. I'm happy to hear that my boyfriend is still at it (though I think he's behind as well) and refuses to give up!

I am going to a trivia night at 9 tonight and I think I'll just hang out after work and write until that time. Should give me plenty of it!


-------------------------

Week 3, Day 16 Eating for Energy:

Had a long talk with my boyfriend last night because he's been noticing a change since I became vegan and gone High Raw. I don't have as much energy...there seems to be something missing. I had that DHA level issue once I went raw and perhaps it's still plaguing me. But he's right. There has been something off. Now, I like being vegan and I love eating as raw as possible for health, sustainability, and humanitarian reasons, but there is something going on.

It could easily just be that I am not working out. Before when I had super amounts of energy I had the workout aspect of my life down and just needed to get a handle on the eating part. I worked out quite a bit and it always gave me lots of energy. He used to beg me to try to get more than 5 hours of sleep (5-6 seemed to work for me). Now, I get 8, and I'm still tired all the time. I don't have the energy to get up in the mornings and hit the gym like I used to. So what gives?

Since he wants to try to eat healthy also, he asked that we see a nutritionist together. There's a holistic one not far from where I live that has great reviews and does a Master Blueprint (I think that's what it's called) where they study your bloodwork and your body and base your nutrition off of what your body actually needs. Now, that is something I'm really interested in and I had an extensive blood panel done before, but the doctor wasn't a nutritionist, therefore we didn't look into that.

I think we'll look into it and see what my body is missing having gone High Raw Vegan.

I did make a green protein smoothie this morning. :)  So, if it's protein that I'm missing, I'll at least try to add in some vegan powder to supplement!


-------------------------

Week 3, Day 16 Fitter U Fitness:
 
My foot feels so much better today! I don't know why, but it makes me happy. Tomorrow I'm supposed to start my half marathon training! We'll see how that goes.

I picked up some weights last night and did a couple sets of the FUF (haha). My arms are such weaklings!


-------------------------

Day 2 Meditation Challenge:

I had a better time concentrating today without a cat sitting in my lap. However, the mantra was three words rather than 2 and I kept mispronouncing the last one (I was sitting too far away from the speakers to hear him when he said it). Does that mean it doesn't work? LOL...

No comments:

Post a Comment