Friday, November 23, 2012

Prepping for the Holidays

Day 23 #NHBPM:

Prep for the holidays -- in a post!

Being that the holidays involve a whole lot of eating and I'm the only vegan in any of the families (and friends, really) that I visit, prepping means that I basically take dishes and/or entire meals that I can eat. Otherwise, I'm left out. Not to say that they wouldn't make something, but no one else would really eat it and I don't demand that they make something just for me. So, I will go find vegan dishes that closely relate to whichever holiday and might be well received by other people. It was my goal to make something that the others might like to eat this Thanksgiving, but I wound up going raw vegan instead of cooked vegan and honestly I didn't even bother asking people to try it. They DID love the hummus as I already mentioned, which I was thrilled about! However, that wasn't raw with the canned chick peas.

Aside from traveling and making sure that I have my vitamins and protein powder, that's really all of the prepping I do. I try to make sure that I'll have fruit and veggies and dark chocolate (for the sweet tooth attack).


-------------------

Week 1, Day 5  0 to 13.1:

I made the mistake of telling my boyfriend's brother-in-law that I was training for a half marathon and needed to run today. He insisted that I go out with him. He was in the army for about 7 years and has been running since before then. He loves it and does it probably 4 times a week. A couple months ago he decided that he wanted to do a half marathon and with only 1 week of training ran one. So, yeah, needless to say I was a little scared to go out with him, but I couldn't make up any excuses. I was pretty terrified that he was going to  kill me and that it was royally going to SUCK and I'd be wiped out all day.

Well, it did suck, but I was pretty proud of myself. We walked 1/4th mile and then started our run. I ran for 2 miles straight. I had mentioned I was in week 1 of 24 and it was interval training of walking running (seriously, it was supposed to be 60 sec run, 90 sec walk for 15 min) and so we did interval. However those intervals were run-faster intervals for 1/4 mile. OY!

But, although it was hard, I made it through. He was very patient and gave great advice, plus was very inspiring towards the end of each faster paced interval. Pretty great! I came home and did my core training and went on with my day! Definitely was wiped out by 7PM -- haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment